[Owncloud] owncloud-client RPM for RHEL

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Wed Apr 10 12:47:17 UTC 2013

On 10.04.2013 14:36, Jakub Moscicki wrote:

Hi,

> I am looking for owncloud-client 1.2.3  RPM (or source RPM to build locally) for RHEL (or CentOS-6 which would do fine).
>
> Unfortunately the SUSE system does only have the old client for this platform (http://software.opensuse.org/package/owncloud-client). Since the release schedule is very agile I don't find these in "standard" sources (rpmfind etc).
>
> I am not so familiar with the build/distribution process of owncloud, so I would appreciate some pointers… Who is actually packaging this and how is this triggered?

We are building the client in the Open Build Service, what you named the
"SUSE system". Unfortunately the RHEL build currently fails, yet that
probably could be fixed. It's just a matter of doing it. [2] gives more
information on how to collaborate.

So if you might be experienced in packaging, especially on the RHEL
platform, we would appreciate some help. There is a mailinglist
packaging at owncloud.org which discusses packaging topics, you can join
via [1].

regards,

Klaas