[Owncloud] Questions about the ldap access

Nicolas Mora nicolas at babelouest.org
Tue Apr 9 19:52:48 UTC 2013

Hello,

Concerning the ldap backend for contact I'm currently programming, it's
going pretty well, now I'm able to synchronize from ldap to owncloud.

My next move is to use the user_ldap app instead of the php ldap
functions. I have a couple of questions about this task though.

If possible, I would like to use the same connection as the user
credentials to access the ldap addressbook. I see that the function
areCredentialsValid($name, $password) clones the current ldap
connection, then tests the credentials. The cloned connection is no
longer used after that. Would it be possible to keep alive this
connection if the credentials are valid ?

Also, I would like to know if it could be a good idea to move the
connection and access classes to owncloud core ? So the ldap backend for
contact wouldn't need user_ldap to work properly.

Thanks in advance

/Nicolas