[Owncloud] Again and again: Version control when installing an app

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Tue Apr 9 08:12:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

> > On 08.04.2013, at 22:52, Drew Gibson <aggibson at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> > One more thing, can anyone explain why "required" parameter is the MAX
> > version and not, as I would expect, MIN version?

> On Tuesday 09 April 2013 09:39:38 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> Which app are you talking about?

this is not specific to any app, it is a general and well know issue:
the compatibility check done by ownCLoud to asure that activated apps are
actually compatible with the installed ownCloud version is broken:
- it blocks perfectly compatible apps
- it checks in a really non-intuitive way ("reverse logic")
- it test a specially crafted symptom with little connection to the real issue
This is not specific to any app, it is a general problem.

Christian Reiner (arkascha)