[Owncloud] Fwd: owncloud 5.x update kills data

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Fri Apr 5 06:31:33 UTC 2013

Forwarding to the ML ....

--- Original Nachricht ---
Betreff: owncloud 5.x update kills data
Von: Veit Guna <veit.guna at gmx.de>
An: "thomas.mueller at tmit.eu" <thomas.mueller at tmit.eu>
Datum: 04.04.2013 23:24

Hi.

Just updated my owncloud 4.5.7-1 version to 5.0.3 on my Ubuntu 12.04.2
LTS via opensuse repository.
After that, all my files aren't readable anymore!

Talking to the developers showed, that happens when the encryption
plugin, that isn't available anymore in the 5.x version, is used.

There's no hint about that in the documentation of owncloud and no
warning while updating via apt-get :(.
For me that is a worst-case scenario that could ever happen. Data Lost
on update.

I tried to downgrade owncloud and restore a backup, but the old opensuse
package 4.5.7-1 isn't available anymore?!
Is there a repo where I can still get it?

Also the update process should STOP when the encryption plugin was used
in 4.5.x and 5.x is going to be installed. So the
data of other people won't be harmed as it happened to me :(.

Thanks
Veit