[Owncloud] ldap groups in an addressbook

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed Apr 3 14:12:39 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 03 April 2013 16:02 Arthur Schiwon wrote:
> On 04/03/2013 03:40 PM, Nicolas Mora wrote:
> > Le 03/04/2013 08:12, Arthur Schiwon a écrit :
> >> I did not go to deep into detail with your code, but I do not see any
> >> connection to user_ldap? Actually, I see you are doing the connections
> >> and things all by yourself, e.g. in
> >>
> >> https://github.com/babelouest/apps/blob/contacts_ldap/contacts/lib/backen
> >> d/ldap.php#L329>
> > Yes, it's still a work in progress. So the code is a not clean yet.
> > Although, concerning the connection to user_ldap, I would like to
> > implement it, but not make it mandatory.
> > It would be quite useful for example to use the same credentials if
> > possible (if same ldap server and same base dn for example), but it must
> > be also possible to connect to a different ldap.
>
> As of ownCloud 5, user_ldap can have unlimited LDAP servers configured.
> Even on-the-fly connections are possible. I would say it basically has
> everything that you need.

Nicolas, wouldn't it be best to use user_ldap for connection in the first run,
and get the mapping to VCARD etc working good, then later add support for
configuring extra/other connections?
Then you will skip a lot of the grief Arthur has gone through ;)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus