[Owncloud] ldap groups in an addressbook

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed Apr 3 12:28:13 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 03 April 2013 14:12 Arthur Schiwon wrote:
> I've also seen that you provide methods to create adressbooks. As of
> ownCloud 5, there is only one of it, but devided into sections or so.
> Georg could elaborate there.

Maybe I can elaborate on that, Georg is busy enough with the Calendar ;)

For ownCloud 6 I have rewritten the backend (long overdue) to add support for
multiple backends from different sources. Nicolas is working on an LDAP
backend, and have already successfully populated the Contacts app with LDAP
contacts. Kudos for that :)

Besides that there is OCP\Contacts which defines an interface for easy access
to address books for other apps. Thomas Müller has experimented with it in the
Mail app - I'm not quite sure what the status is on that, and we may have to
adjust the interface.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus