[Owncloud] ldap groups in an addressbook

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed Apr 3 12:21:30 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 03 April 2013 07:48 Nicolas Mora wrote:
> My first question is about groups.
> In general, do you know if there is an ldap attribute that could be
> connected to the VCard 'CATEGORIES' attribute ?
> There are the groups attributes (CN) in the DN, but these are part of
> the DN, so they can't be modified easily. I thought of 'o' or 'ou'
> attributes, but these may be used for different purposes, depending on
> the application behind.
> In you opinion, what should be the best way to connect the 'CATEGORIES'
> property into an ldap entry ?

Actually CATEGORIES in Contacts app are handled using the OC_VCategories
class, which for the time being only supports "objects" (events, tasks,
contacts) stored in the database, so if you were able to map an ldap property,
it would only work for contacts cached in the db,

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus