[Owncloud] Why are we using a label in the login mask to show placeholder values?

Philip Taffner sabel at altmuehlnet.de
Thu Sep 27 19:54:56 UTC 2012

You should use code, which aborts if the browser has native support for
the placeholder attribute.

Example: https://github.com/mathiasbynens/jquery-placeholder

More polyfills are listed here (scroll down to "Web Forms: input
placeholder"):

https://github.com/Modernizr/Modernizr/wiki/HTML5-Cross-Browser-Polyfills