[Owncloud] WebDav Custom Properties

Rob Oakes lyx-devel at oak-tree.us
Mon Sep 24 21:41:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 21:03 +0200, Bart Visscher wrote:

> Requesting a list of properties does not work correctly. I think this is
> something in Sabre. But you can get and set properties for resources,
> try it with cadaver. That works for me. I think you can get the custom
> properties when you request them getting the collection.

Dear Bart and other ownCloud Developers,

Again, thank you for the help you provided me in troubleshooting my
issue with custom WebDav properties. It helped me sort out the next step
I need to take for my sync/backup client.

I'm posting this to the list in addition to filing a bug at
bugs.owncloud.org as bugs.owncloud.org appears to be down.

As I mentioned on WebDav, I am not able to retrieve custom properties. I
can set them in cadaver using:

propset Resource.Name "PropName" "PropValue"

Cadaver will report that the property was correctly set. However, when
attempting to retrieve the property using:

propget Resource.Name "PropName"

the operation fails with a "404: Not Found" error.

The same series of commands works without issue on ownCloud 4.0.6,
running on the same server. Here is the relevant information about the
server:

OS: Linux
PHP: 5.3.13

I tested both the MySQL and SQLite Instances. The same problem appeared
in both. I also checked both the beta4 and master branches, again, the
bug appeared in both.

If I can provide any additional information about the issue, please let
me know.

Cheers,

Rob Oakes

PS, Unfortunately, I was not able to upgrade the version of PHP to see
if might be a bug there. The server is a shared server and I don't have
the necessary permissions.