[Owncloud] WebDav Custom Properties

Rob Oakes lyx-devel at oak-tree.us
Mon Sep 24 15:52:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 10:41 +0200, Bart Visscher wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 03:00:54PM -0600, Rob Oakes wrote:

> Yes you can save custom properties in ownCloud WebDav. Not sure which
> md5 you will be storing, we don't remove custom properties for changed
> files.

Hi Bart,

Thanks for getting back to me. The md5 is just an example, and would
correspond to the last md5 seen by a sync client I've been working on.
There are other properties I'd like to store as well, which would be
available for the sync client to help it sort out an incomplete sync. U
till now, I've been saving the information in an XML manifest file that
I upload at the end of the operation.  Having the data stored as
properties would be more flexible.

Are there any rules which namespaces have to follow? (I saw that they
should use Clark notation,
http://gitorious.org/owncloud/owncloud/blobs/bd91ee4d2289b15fa69c3712056f275cac3405ed/3rdparty/Sabre/DAV/IProperties.php)

Might it be possible to see the XML of a working example, so I know how
they should be constructed? I've been trying to get one together on my
test server (both by directly submitting XML requests and through the
use of cadaver), but haven't had much luck. When I submit a custom
property name/value, it says that it was successfully added, but doesn't
show up when I try and retrieve the property list.

Any thoughts you might have would be appreciated. I'm using ownCloud 4.5
beta 4.

Cheers,

Rob Oakes