[Owncloud] ownCloud 4.5 release delay

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Sat Sep 22 19:17:38 UTC 2012

On Saturday 22 September 2012 20:09:22 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> On 22.09.2012, at 20:03, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian at cknow.org> wrote:
> > On Saturday 22 September 2012 19:55:51 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> >> bugs.owncloud.org  ??
> >>
> >> :-)

> > So 4.5 won't be released until *ALL* bugs are closed?
> >
> > That surely would be an awesome release ... whenever that happens.
>
> Hehe. Of course not.
> Sorry but I couldn´t resist. ;-)

Neither could I ;-)

> Of course we only wait for serious showstopper bugs.
> Unfortunately we don´t have a real list at the moment.

That's indeed very unfortunate since it would focus the attention/effort on fixed
those last x issues.
Also having a (check-)list of say 10 remaining issues works quite motivating
getting those to 0, whereas having an undetermined amount does not.

> But last time I checked it was relatively easy to find bugs on
> bugs.owncloud.org that are serious enough to have
> them fixed.

Great, then it shouldn't be much trouble compiling that list!

Apparently your experience with bugs.owncloud.org is a lot better then mine.
Without now starting a discussion about issues wrt bugs.owncloud.org let me just
name one issue: half the time I can't get it to load _at all_ ...

Cheers,
  Diederik