[Owncloud] Fwd: ownCloud 4.5 beta 4

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at owncloud.com
Thu Sep 20 16:10:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:22:02 +0100 Duarte Velez Grilo wrote:
> Thank you. I think we're getting there, but it's still not working.
> This is what I did:
>
> - I'm using Dreamhost, so I don't have root access.
> - Using the browser, as you suggested, I found the ones being used by
> Dropbox and Box (thawte_Primary_Root_CA.cer and
> GeoTrust_Global_CA.pem, respectively)
> - I uploaded them via the owncloud's personal settings page
> - I then tried opening the mount point directories, but still got the
> errors:

Did you were able to authenticate ownCloud against dropbox in the
settings.

I'm asking because I removed my system wide certificates for testing.
Without the certificates I even wasn't able to set up the dropbox
mount. Whenever I clicked the "grant access" button I got this error
dialogue: "Fetching request tokens failed. Verify that your Dropbox app
key and secret are correct." So I wonder how you could set up the mount
point at all without the right certificates.

Beside that it looks like for Dropbox the certificates uploaded to
ownCloud aren't used. At the moment I'm not sure if this is a
certificate issue at all if you where able to set up the dropbox mount..
Maybe someone who implemented the dropbox mount can have a look at it.

> (for box.com) {"app":"webdav client","message":"[CURL] Error while
> making request: error setting certificate verify locations:\n  CAfile:
> \/home\/[username]\/[owncloud_domain.com]\/data\/[username]\/files_external\/rootcerts.crt\n
>  CApath: \/etc\/ssl\/certs\n (error code:
> 77)","level":3,"time":1348153736}

But this really looks like a problem with the imported rootcerts. Is
the path to rootcerts.crt correct? Does the file exists and contain the
uploaded certificates? I never tried box.com before but I will have a
look at it and come back to you if I know more.

cheers,
Björn

--
Björn Schießle <schiessle at owncloud.com>