[Owncloud] Heavy LDAP user search

Manuel Delgado manuel.delgado at ucr.ac.cr
Wed Sep 19 00:25:49 UTC 2012

Hello all, it's me again

I was working on a kind of optimization for the user_ldap app. As I told
you in past emails, we have a ldap with more than 100k users. And the
process of creating the cache still not working (takes to much time, more
than 7h).

I've cloned the core repo on github and made very little changes (here is
the commit:
https://github.com/valarauco/owncloud_core/commit/c0fbea11d543d9d47922f13a39940d9f4969880a),
I was able to reduce the time to 4 hours (aprox.) and have no idea on how
to reduce it more. I think the problem is not in the ldap but in the greedy
(foreach/recursive) search in ldap2ownCloudNames method.

Regards,
Manuel Delgado

*Usuario Linux* *#520940 <http://counter.li.org/>*

Bach. Computación e Informática