[Owncloud] StatusDialog use of QListView::activated signal

owncloud_mailing_list at status.e4ward.com owncloud_mailing_list at status.e4ward.com
Sun Sep 16 16:05:29 UTC 2012

Hello all.

The StatusDialog class uses the QListView::activated() signal (inherited
from QAbstractItemView) to determine the state of the Enable/Pause
buttons etc. According to the docs:

"How to activate items depends on the platform; e.g., by single- or
double-clicking the item, or by pressing the Return or Enter key when
the item is current."

I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit, using Qt 4.8.1, and this signal is not
thrown if I click on the folder. It's only thrown if I select a folder
and press enter, or if I double-click (which serves another purpose as
well-- opening the folders). I don't think this is working as desired.
Is there a reason this isn't simply using the QListView::clicked() signal?

I would like to write a patch for this, but I want to know if there was
a good reason for using activated(). If it was for compatibility with
other devices, perhaps this should using a selection model instead?

Please let me know so I can continue.

Kyle