[Owncloud] Suggestion: general help framework

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Mon Sep 10 13:01:37 UTC 2012

On Monday 10 September 2012 11:22 Christian Reiner wrote:
> Ok, this is my suggestion.
> Any comments?

I think it is an excellent idea. Apparently I didn't notice your original
proposal.

Currently we have the knowledgebase under settings/help.php which also offers
a few links to documentation, but AFAIRC it is very unstructured (it couldn't
connect via OCSClient so I can't say how it looks now).

We should have a reliable service that could be queried for up-to-date info to
be provided either as context sensitive help (bubble/popup) and for more
general help, as the welcome page you mentioned.

Maybe we could simply store it in a git repository as
markdown/text/wiki/whatever.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus