[Owncloud] Sharing calendars with others.

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed Sep 5 20:50:31 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 05 September 2012 21:38 Jörn Friedrich Dreyer wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> We are having a lively discussion at the LUGH on sharing calendars. Perhaps
> one of you can shed some light on the followin issues:
> 1. Given I have a calendar in owncloud. Can I share the calendar to a
> friend who is using google, so that he can edit it in his google web
> frontend?

No. Your friend can get a read-only password protected .ics link to your
calendar by appending "?export" to the end of the calendar url for example:

http://owncloud/remote.php/caldav/calendars/butonic/default%20calendar?export

> 2. Given my friend has a calendar in google. Can I edit his calendar with
> the owncloud web ui?

No

> I assume that we are passing around .ics urls.

Syncing/sharing is only supported in the WUI and by CalDAV.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus