[Owncloud] Contact sharing: Can't edit shared contacts

Philipp Schmidt philschmidt at gmx.net
Tue Sep 4 12:20:15 UTC 2012

Am Dienstag, 4. September 2012, 13:45:42 schrieb Thomas Tanghus:
> On Tuesday 04 September 2012 13:09 Philipp Schmidt wrote:
> > I just pulled the latest git and tried out contact sharing. Sharing works
> > fine, but I came across an error when allowing others to edit shared
> > contacts.
>
> Thanks for catching that one. I only checked for the contacts permissions,
not
> the address book. Sadly this bug snook into the beta 2 release...
>
> Commit 36a7a48b01145362080f6245a7d72f45274ec694

Yep, works like a charm now.

> Eh, I'm not sure I get you right, but in under Settings/Personal change to
> your preferred language.

head -> wall... I really need to get my glasses fixed XD.

Another Thing: It would be nice to be able to rename the Addressbooks once
they are added, if that is possible. For example, when I share my familiy
addressbook with my parents, "Philipp's Family" is kinda stupid. While it is
totally logical to initially name it this way, giving them simply the name
"Family" makes much more sense there. Right now renaming unchecks the
addressbooks checkbox but that change isn't applied. So if editing the name is
not possible, the input field should be disabled. Also: Editing an input field
should not have any effect on the checkbox.

Editing the Description is possible however.

Will try to test some more (also with KOrganizer and Android) if I find the
time...

Cheers, Philipp