[Owncloud] Contact sharing: Can't edit shared contacts

Philipp Schmidt philschmidt at gmx.net
Tue Sep 4 11:09:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

first of all I would like to thank everyone for the great work they are doing
with ownCloud .

But now to business ;).

I just pulled the latest git and tried out contact sharing. Sharing works
fine, but I came across an error when allowing others to edit shared contacts.

I always get a "You don't have the required permissions to edit this contact"-
message (rough translation: Is there a way to force the web ui to not use
german but the english strings?).

The edit fields however are enabled, something that was not the case when I
tried viewing only. I can also create a new contact, but after that no editing
is possible. The new contact shows up in the owners addressbook and can be
edited there.

If you need more information please ask.

Regards
Philipp Schmidt