[Owncloud] Getting owncloud-client in Debian

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Wed Oct 31 17:55:12 UTC 2012

Hello.

[Sorry to MJ that I send the first mailo to him only. User error on
MUA usage ]
On Wed, 2012-10-31 at 14:01, MJ Ray wrote:
> Stefan Schmidt <stefan at datenfreihafen.org>
> > After these weeks my Debian unstable got a newer openssl and
> > owncloud-client did now longer work. Waited some days but no updates
> > so I had to switch rebuilding the packages from source to keep them
> > working.
>
> Did you ask anywhere for a rebuild?

No, and you already wrote the reason for it. I don't think OBS is
targeting Debian unstable. I'm fine with that as I can take care for
myself. But as they asked for problems and feedback I was going to
share my experience.

Ans the rebuild is why less hassle then the break with the client on a
new client not supporting old servers.

regards
Stefan Schmidt