[Owncloud] Getting owncloud-client in Debian

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Oct 29 14:03:40 UTC 2012

Hey,

On Monday, October 29, 2012 13:23:07 Jean-Louis Dupond wrote:
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to get the ownCloud Client packages in
> Debian repositories?

Certainly.

> Now the packages are build on a 3rd party repository (suse).
>
> Is there any reason the package wasn't brought into Debian?

Yes, upstream code quality is insufficient.

> If its ok for everyone, I will try to get the packages
> (owncloud-client, ocsync and libiniparser) into Debian Unstable.
> When the packages are accepted, this will be synced with Ubuntu also.
>
> I think its a good idea to have the packages in debian/ubuntu by
> default.
> Its much more user friendly then asking the client to add a custom
> repository.
>
> Any opinions?

You won't be able to get libiniparser into Debian, it doesn't have a proper
build system, and it's a lot of code for something rather simple. See

In short: it has to be replaced in csync, but Andreas is not convinced by
that. There's a proposed patch even:
https://open.cryptomilk.org/attachments/download/3/0001-csync_config-Drop-
iniparser-dependency.patch

Cheers,