[Owncloud] Revolutionizing the help system (yes, that's exaggerated)

Jörn Friedrich Dreyer jfd at owncloud.com
Tue Oct 30 17:09:10 UTC 2012

On 30.10.2012 17:20, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 October 2012 16:38 post at deryo.de wrote:
>> TL;DR Version:
>>
>> - The apps knowledgebase should be shut down
>> - The "Help" label inside oC should reveal the all new and shiny
>> documentation[1] within the ownCloud plus some links as eg. the USER
>> forums and the new to be created page "how to report a bug or request
>> a feature" on our website
>> - The Documentation is delivered either within the ownCloud package or
>> presented as an iFrame or something using our website
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/owncloud/documentation/blob/master/README.rst
> What about the API docs generated at http://api.owncloud.org/ - how can they
> be included? There's no need to duplicate the efforts and having auto-
> generated docs is also an incentive for doing better inline documentation.
>
> Great to see documentation/help channels getting some TLC btw :-)

Well there is a difference in the end user documentation and the
developer documentation. The API should be part of the developer
documentation I think. Danimo proposed a new way of writing that
documentation at the developer meeting and I think he will write a mail
on how to do it soon.

so long

Jörn

--