[Owncloud] Revolutionizing the help system (yes, that's exaggerated)

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Tue Oct 30 16:20:18 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 30 October 2012 16:38 post at deryo.de wrote:
> TL;DR Version:
>
> - The apps knowledgebase should be shut down
> - The "Help" label inside oC should reveal the all new and shiny
> documentation[1] within the ownCloud plus some links as eg. the USER
> forums and the new to be created page "how to report a bug or request
> a feature" on our website
> - The Documentation is delivered either within the ownCloud package or
> presented as an iFrame or something using our website
>
> [1] https://github.com/owncloud/documentation/blob/master/README.rst

What about the API docs generated at http://api.owncloud.org/ - how can they
be included? There's no need to duplicate the efforts and having auto-
generated docs is also an incentive for doing better inline documentation.

Great to see documentation/help channels getting some TLC btw :-)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus