[Owncloud] Project collaboration

Dennis little.guitar at gmx.net
Sun Oct 28 21:35:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

first of all i was really looking forward to Owncloud 4.5 and i am
really grateful that we can use such a promising tool like owncloud open
source :)
I was working a little bit with 4.5 to get used to the new features but
unforunately i couldn`t get the following scenario to work:

We have 2 Users in our Owncloud, lets call them Benny and James.
Benny has to maintain a excel spreadsheet and sometimes James needs to
make some adjustments to that file.
What i wish for is a configuration where Benny syncs a local directory
with his owncloud, make changes to certain files whereas
James can sync with the same folder like Benny.
In other words Benny can change a file on his local computer the changes
will be commited to the cloud(and maybe versioned)
and from there synced to James or other users who contribute work to a
project.

As far as i know this is currently not possible.
A user can only sync to his own clientsync or another folder.
You can share that folder but i can`t get it to work with the owncloud
client.

Am i right here or is it just a configuration mistake on my side?

Thanks.