[Owncloud] Useful Information On Cloud-Storage-Security from FH institute, I hope in next review they will state first Open Source project in that field...

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:38:57 UTC 2012

On 28 October 2012 21:00, Arman Khalatyan <arm2arm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> http://www.sit.fraunhofer.de/content/dam/sit/en/studies/Cloud-Storage-Security_a4.pdf
>
> This is quite awhile I read it , probably for EU people is
> interesting. Particularly why not Dropbox or why not Skydrive? look in
> part of "THE LAWYER’S VIEW "

Yes dropbox encrypt your data. but they have the key.  So while amazon cant
read it, dropbox can.

It's interesting how many of the providers they tested failed the mandatory
security requirements.

Sharing data in a closed group is very interesting too.

I liked the way the recommended personal key encryption.  I think that will
be standard in the browser in 1-2 years ...