[Owncloud] How to create a users for large deployments

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:52:09 UTC 2012

On Oct 24, 2012 10:06 AM, "Frank Karlitschek" <frank at owncloud.org> wrote:

> Hi Aliosh,
>
> most bigger ownCloud installations use an LDAP or AD directory to manage
accounts.

Not to hijack the thread but if it were easier to input an IMAP server,
everyone who had an account on the IMAP server - as most students do -
would automatically have an account.

It would be trivial to add columns to that DB to automatically set quotas,
permission to have an account, etc..

I was told this would be available in 4.5 but as per my post yesterday, if
it's there, I can't see it..

Simon

> Frank
>

> On 24.10.2012, at 15:56, Aliosh Neira <aliosh2006 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Owncloud Team and friends
> >
> > We are deploying Owncloud to the schools and the problem is create
users for the students. A teacher can create a user for each student, but
take a long time for large schools.

> > Is there some alternative to do this more fast?
> >
> > Maybe I can do a script to create default users like student1,
student2, etc. with a default password that they can modify later.