[Owncloud] cloud.oc_share' doesn't exist

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 23:52:55 UTC 2012

On 23 October 2012 16:05, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had been eagerly anticipating the 4.5 release with imap
> authentication.  Since I didn't have anything of note in the previous
> installation I simply removed it and started from scratch.  When I
> accessed the installation I was presented with the same set-up screen
> as before (requiring a username/password/db user/db pass/db name).
> Once I'd removed the old user the set-up completed, but left me with
> this error:
>
> Failed to upgrade "files_sharing". Exception="SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base
> table or view not found: 1146 Table 'cloud.oc_share' doesn't exist"

Fixed with help from this forum thread..
http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3779

However, the timestamp default value needed fiddling.

> I could remove the old 4.04 DB, but I thought someone would want to know.
>
> Also, I was hoping since I want to use my IMAP server for
> authentication that that would be a set-up option (I'm pretty sure the
> LDAP people feel the same).

So, I've spent sometime looking around 4.5 now - I enabled the
External User Support app but I still find no way to specify an IMAP
back-end with which to authenticate against.  Would be great if
someone can document how to do that.

Thanks.

Simon