[Owncloud] cloud.oc_share' doesn't exist

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:05:09 UTC 2012

Hi

I had been eagerly anticipating the 4.5 release with imap
authentication.  Since I didn't have anything of note in the previous
installation I simply removed it and started from scratch.  When I
accessed the installation I was presented with the same set-up screen
as before (requiring a username/password/db user/db pass/db name).
Once I'd removed the old user the set-up completed, but left me with
this error:

Failed to upgrade "files_sharing". Exception="SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base
table or view not found: 1146 Table 'cloud.oc_share' doesn't exist"

I could remove the old 4.04 DB, but I thought someone would want to know.

Also, I was hoping since I want to use my IMAP server for
authentication that that would be a set-up option (I'm pretty sure the
LDAP people feel the same).

Simon