[Owncloud] Contacts Synchronization

David Arndt arndt at darndt.de
Fri Oct 19 14:20:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

works fine with the Android-Apps:

CardDAV (for contacts)
CalDAV (for calendar)

and if ypu wish to edit contacts on your phone, install:

Contact Editor Pro.

Regards, David.

Am Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012, 08:24:21 schrieb John:

Hello all.  I'm new to this mailing list.  I've searched through the archives
of the list for this information, including the owncloud.org forum and it
doesn't appear to have been addressed.  But if so, please forgive my searching
skills.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone with AT&T (i777) and have
purchased, downloaded and installed the owncloud app from Google's Play
store.  Works fantastic for pictures and what not.  I've seen the CardDAV
information concerning Address Book on OS X.  I'm running the latest version,
10.8.  I also have pretty much every other operating system available in the
event one platform is better than another for what I'm after.  I'd like to
have a button within the owncloud app that allows me to push all of my
contacts (preferably in the same layout from Android's contacts app) from my
smartphone to my owncloud server.  This server is mine, hosted with a local
outfit for free as it also serves as the local LUG server - meaning, I have
full access and can do anything I need to.  I'm not sure if I'll end up having
to use my Mac as an intermediary for getting contacts from Android to my
owncloud server or if it can be done directly from phone to server.  Does
anyone happen to have a howto or tutorial on how this could be done or should
I just cool my heels as it's on some roadmap somewhere?

Thank you so much for coming up with a way to keep from having to share my
personal data with Google.  I switched from the iPhone platform a few months
ago because I didn't want to have to share my personal data with Apple and
using iTunes as the sync client is an absolute disaster for me.  I've told
literally everyone I know about this project and I'm very thankful such a
solution exists.  Please keep up the terrific work!

John H

--
David Arndt
Luppachstr. 18