[Owncloud] Inability to Delete

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Mon Oct 15 17:42:06 UTC 2012

On 14.10.2012 03:58, owncloud_mailing_list at status.e4ward.com wrote:
> Hello. I'm using the latest Owncloud and sync client from the web page-- 4.5.
>
> I SSH'd into the owncloud host and created a "pictures" folder, copying several pictures in via the terminal. I then enabled the rescan_fs plugin and ran it. It found my pictures. I then setup the owncloud client on another machine and pointed it to the pictures folder. It downloaded all the pictures as expected. I then deleted several pictures on the client machine, and upon the next sync (moments later),

> the owncloud client re-downloaded all the pictures I had deleted instead of syncing the fact that I deleted them.
That is definetely not what is supposed happen. It should propagate the
delete of course. I just reproduced that it works as expected here.

Maybe it has something to with the manual copying to the server. Could
you try if you upload through web interface and, once its syned to
local, delete from there?

In either case, if you can reproduce that behaviour, please catch some
logs through starting the client with the command line switch --logfile
<filename> and report a bug.

Thanks,

Klaas