[Owncloud] owncloud 4.5.0 absolute remote url to core.js and core.css

Georgi Stanojevski glisha at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:19:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller at tmit.eu> wrote:

>> Owncloud 4.5.0 adds the link to core.js and core.css as an absolute
>> link to remote.php, and since http:// is not accesible owncloud
>> doesn't work. The other .js and .css files are ok.
>>
>> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://owncloud/remote.php/core.js"></script>
>
> Installing ownCloud in Apache there is a rewrite rule in .htaccess:
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/.htaccess#L20
>
> You need to adopt this rewrite rule with nginx.

Owncloud is instaled in Apache, nginx is used only as a https
loadbalancer. The url remote.php/core.js is ok it works when accessed
through https://,

Why does owncloud 4.5.0 use linkToRemote() to generate links to
core.js and core.css in
https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/lib/templatelayout.php#L52

When it generates the links since it doesn't know it's served publicly
behind https:// the url it generates is http://. I guess this will be
a problem with generating sharing links, but for now I want to resolve
the paths to core.js and core.css.

--
Glisha