[Owncloud] Upgrade instructions - missing important info?

santigua santigua1978 at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 14 11:59:58 UTC 2012

It the first time I upgraded by following the instructions and now I cannot log in anymore.
Until now I always copied the new over the old, which was always fine!

This time... I follow the instructions and as said in step 4.) on [1]

"Delete everything from your ownCloud installation directory, except data and config."

I deleted EVERYTHING except the data/ and config/ directory... and I cannot log in anymore.

What I assume now is... that I should NOT have deleted the db_structure.xml file as well.... is this correct?

Because if this is the case you seriously should update the instructions on the website [1] immediately...
If you think "config" implies that I keep every file or folder related to the data or config, then you should supply infos on that, too.
How am I supposed to know that???

Since I did a backup of my data-dir only... I'm going to reinstall my server now...

[1] http://owncloud.org/support/upgrade/