[Owncloud] Session Handling

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Fri Oct 12 22:19:29 UTC 2012

Hey,

i just had a discussion with Danimo regarding initialization of Session. When
the client or any WebDAV client connects for example a session is being
created on each request, but it is not used for this purpose. All WebDAV
action work fine without Sessions even in the Shared folder. I assume this will
be the same for CalDAV and CardDAV. I checked it with the diff as attached. I
remember session creation was really expensive (is it still so? didn't check),
so we can get rid of it in cases where we do not need them.

As better solution we could make a Helper method isSessionRequired() (or even
in Base) that checks the request. Depending on the return value initSession()
is executed or not.

Cheers
Arthur