[Owncloud] Dependency Checking

eMerzh merzhin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 18:57:08 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Nice to see have have finally release our OC 4.5...

the first feedback i get is :
 "hey, it does not ..... ah... oh... i refreshed and now everything is
great! nice work!!!"

So a lot better than OC4 but we have to wait a bit for more feedback ;)

we are on the good way !

so ... to improve the user experience of owncloud i would like to
develop a dependency checking for apps.

My idea is to put a field in the info.xml with informations of dependence like :
OC version  (min / max / ..)
php version
OC app (version?)
OS type / version
DB type / version?

And for other type of dependency, more complex  i would like to
provide something like the search provider ...

My idea is to display the dependency (and verify those) in the
installation process of apps and maybe of owncloud .

What do you think of it?

does someone is working on smth like this?

Thanks for your feedback

eMerzh aka brice