[Owncloud] apps review and categories

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Fri Oct 12 16:32:29 UTC 2012

On Friday 12 October 2012 16:30:53 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> > Can this be automated in some smart way to both help independent devs
> > and  reviewers? Or maybe quoting any questionable source code in the
> > review enough?
>
> Don´t know what you mean with automated. We should extend the current
> static code checker in OC_Installer. But there is still some manual work
> necessary. An automated checker can´t find more complex problems or
> backdoors

Of course I can't read Thomas' mind, but something like KDE's Review Board [1]
comes to (my) mind. It is used extensively for Nepomuk [2] and it basically
comes down to that each commit triggers an email where some (predefined?) group
of ppl are asked to review that commit. Only after their approval is the code
'really' committed. Usually though it means that there are multiple git
repositories, one that developer's can commit to (which triggers the review
process) and another one with very limited or only automated commit rights after
the review process has succesfully completed. The trigger is probably
configurable so if you don't want it with each commit you can suit it the way you
want.

AFAIK that workflow is often/also used with "Gerrit", which can also be combined
with Jenkins/CI like the other Thomas (deepdiver) has set up

Cheers,
  Diederik

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org