[Owncloud] new web installer

Patric Zimmermann Patric.Zimmermann at physik.tu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 9 11:01:17 UTC 2012

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't want to blame anyone for anything.
Since I am just an OC-User and no OC-Dev I haven't been looking into the details.

Up until now I have been using OC only with the apps that are included by default, mainly for exactly the reasons you are pointing out.
I use OC as a productive instance for measuring data generated in our labs, so stability and availability goes over functionality.

So i guess, what I actually was asking for is the functionality I explained below to be included in the default package...
Sorry that I haven't been really clear on this.
In my mind, I usually follow the "keep it simple" rule... so an "update OC"-Button and in case something goes wrong a "roll back to previous version"-Button
included in the default backend would make me really happy. ;)

But anyway... you are all doing a great job, and OC is a fantastic piece of SW.

Best regards,
Patric