[Owncloud] new web installer

Patric Zimmermann Patric.Zimmermann at physik.tu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 9 10:09:31 UTC 2012

Am 09.10.2012 um 10:09 schrieb Pascal d'Hermilly:

> On 09-10-2012 09:10, Patric Zimmermann wrote:
>> Because a while back I asked for a similar feature which would enable pretty anyone who can deal with a browser
>> to update/upgrade their owncloud via an auto-updater sort of thing.
> There is an app for that :-)
>
> //Pascal

Are you referring to this ??? http://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/Updater?content=153278

If so, first of it is a beta so presumingly no option for my productive OC instance. And secondly it seems that it will occasionally still need some manual adjustment after updating.

What I actually meant, was something like a button (which is available in the standard install) in the admin backend where you can either just upload the zipped or tarballed new version,
or even better which gets the current version directly from the repo.
Additionally it would be excellent, if it would create a backup of all the files it changes (most likely everything except data and config),
which you could use to "roll back" (preferably using a simple button in the backend too) to have an old version restored in case something goes wrong.

just my 2ct.