[Owncloud] crontab, thumbnails, and background jobs

Erik R eramseth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 04:10:59 UTC 2012

Hello all-

A few questions:

1. What should I be adding to my crontab to run the background jobs?

2. What apps are currently using background jobs?

3. (real reason I'm asking all this) When attempting to open a newly
created folder which contains a large number of image files, the thumbnail
generation times out and I have to "click into" the directory through the
gallery multiple times. I was thinking this could be avoided by generating
thumbnails through a cron job and saw the background jobs functionality.
Does thumbnail generation even use background jobs?