[Owncloud] upgrade from 4.0.7 to 4.5.3 without config files?

Michael Göhler somebody.here at gmx.de
Fri Nov 30 16:54:50 UTC 2012

Hi Ditmar,

I would do it this way:

- setup a plain 4.0.7 instance with sqlite database and the same users you have in your mysql instance, to get the data directory and config.php
- take a backup from your mysql db
- then change the config.php to use your mysql instance (look in config.php.example for the right variables)
- Test if 4.0.7 is working
- delete the sqlite files from data directory
- upgrade to 4.5.3

Hope this helps,
Michael