[Owncloud] upgrade from 4.0.7 to 4.5.3 without config files?

Ditmar Unger ditmar at d-unger.de
Fri Nov 30 16:11:22 UTC 2012

Hello,

I mad a big mistake moving $WWWDIR/owncloud to another partition forgetting
that this new partition was also the target of a rsync cronjob of another
machine and by comparing source and target that rsync job deleted the complete
owncloud directory :-(
Now I have an old 4.0.7 mysql owncloud database and would like to build up the
new 4.5.3 oc directory structure again and upgrade.
Unfortunately - and probably due to the lacking (old) config dir -  I canot
move on from the oc setup page "create an admin account" so I got stuck but I
don't find anything in the log files.
Can somebody give me hint how to do the upgrade - I would like to at least
keep the user and addressbook data in the database?

Thanks a lot,
Ditmar.