[Owncloud] ownCloud book

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Wed Nov 28 14:12:27 UTC 2012

Hi Frank,

On Wednesday 28 November 2012 13:59:41 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> we got the second question from a book publisher for an ownCloud book.
> Is someone in the community interested in writing a book?  ;-)

I think acutally quite a few people would be interested _if_ such project
would be organized such that the product is actually of value.
I certainly would like to contribute.

What I would not support is to produce one more book along the line of "The
ultimate guide to ...whatever...". Outdated the day they come out. Holding
chapters like "if you want to open a file, chose Menu > File > Open and select
the file you want to open. " No thanks. We all know those.

What might be interesting is to maintain a (printable) book in a collaborative
effort. A book that is constantly updated according to the projects progress.
Such an effort can very well get organized just like coding software. Several
contributors create content maintained inside a repository. Why not do that as
a part of the project?

Christian Reiner (arkascha)
--
Christian Reiner (arkascha)