[Owncloud] ownCloud 4.5.3

Johan Hendriks joh.hendriks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:55:55 UTC 2012

Op 27-11-2012 14:27, Felip Moll schreef:
> Every 2 weeks, new release. How time does an administrator to
> implement a new sevice, correct some bugs, adapt to the business and
> release it?
>

> Take all my thoughts as positive, not to create a flame ;)
Well if it all works for the adminstrator and his organisation, why
upgrade ?
You need to upgrade in case of security issues, but if the release he
uses  does not contain any security issue and it all works like it
should at there site, there is no need to upgrade.

If however he misses some functionality or he encouter bugs that disrupt
the normal workflow, than he CAN update.

Problem with this kind of software in such a young project is that there
are a lot of things that needs to be ironed out.
There are always edge cases. If you think you have the solution another
one hits another edge case because he does things the other way around
or use some functionality differently.
You will see that when the project matures, releases will become less
frequent.

Sometimes i get the idea that people always want to update just for the
sake of updating.
It will however not always bring what you need.

So an admin can decide for himself if he wants to update or just test
the update.

gr
Johan Hendriks