[Owncloud] ownCloud 4.5.3

Felip Moll lipixx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:27:25 UTC 2012

I agree with you that you have to release versions for bugfixes, but maybe
you can release only patches and no new versions, or explicitly say that X
release is a bugfix release.  I know patches are already released and
people sometimes doesn't know how to apply them and makes new bug reports
while they are currently solved, so better to release new versions.

It is complicated.

Also to see notices like this:
*Latest News*: ownCloud *4.5.3* New major release with exciting new
features just released! View the
announcement<https://owncloud.com/blog/owncloud45-community>,
changelog <http://owncloud.org/changelog> and
download<http://mirrors.owncloud.org/releases/owncloud-4.5.3.tar.bz2>it
now!

while 4.5.3 is only a bugfix release with no "exciting new features", tends
to confuse people.

By the other hand:
4.5.3 - 27th Nov
4.5.2 - 14th Nov
4.5.1 - 24th Oct
4.5.0 - 10th Oct

Every 2 weeks, new release. How time does an administrator to implement a
new sevice, correct some bugs, adapt to the business and release it?

Take all my thoughts as positive, not to create a flame ;)