[Owncloud] All a bout Jenkins ....

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Mon Nov 26 20:29:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

as a developer within the ownCloud dev team you most probably already know
that we have Jenkins[0] up and running for quite some time now.

In the past weeks some changes took place which I'd like to share with you:

Jenkins is no longer pushing notifications to the IRC but we have set up
a mailing list where everybody can subscribe to: http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/jenkins

Right after the dev sprint in Berlin we started with the code review on github and meanwhile Jenkins is
supporting this process as well using the 'GitHub Pull Request Builder Plugin' [1].
Basically on each pull request the php syntax analysis as well as our unit test suite is executed
(with one minor exception: stable45 based PRs fail on test execution - I'll fix that soon).

Danimo has setup a Jenkins job to create the documentation: https://ci.tmit.eu/job/ownCloud-Documentation/
Is generates the PDFs and publishes the html docs to http://doc.owncloud.com/
Cool thing: THX

What are the next steps in the Jenkins/continuous integration area?
- Finalize coding style guide and implement the rules within Jenkins
- Building Windows Installer for the ownCloud client
- Building MacOS bundles for ownCloud client
- Running the unit test suite on a Windows server
- Continue with the work started on the acceptance test suite: https://github.com/owncloud/acceptance-testing/
- Write tests, write tests, write test ........

Are you interested to help out here? You are more than welcome!
Drop me a line or meet me in IRC.

Take care,

Tom aka DeepDiver

[0] http://www.jenkins-ci.org