[Owncloud] How does it work?

Carl McDade carl at tacticaltech.org
Mon Nov 26 15:57:51 UTC 2012

I have read what's on those links but I remain clueless as to what step
to take first. I guess it's a matter of asking the right questions then
because the dev docs are no help. So let's start light. I am asking
these questions because nothing I see in the addtemplate example or in
the docs covers them. If you spot something direct links are very welcome.

1( Where can I find it documented on how to override default forms
(login), links, pages (404) etc. ??

2( What does the code stack look like and how does it work?? What loads
first or last? If I override something is it because the system sees it
first or because it is loaded last?

3( Can overriding UI code (js, css, templates) be done in the app or do
they have to be in the theme?

I have more but answers to these might eleminate to need for further
questions.

Regards,

Carl

On 11/26/12 4:31 PM, Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first I suggest to look at ownCloud.org. You find a lot of developer documentation and pointers here: http://owncloud.org/dev/
>
> The code itself is developed at https://github.com/owncloud
> Blog posts can be found here: http://owncloud.org/news/
>

> Frank
>

> On 26.11.2012, at 16:20, Carl McDade <carlmcdade at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> So how does it work? There are no development documents, blog post or anything in the mailing list about how OwnCloud works. Granted it is an open source project and anyone can join in but we need a starting point. I have yet to find anything on the API, architecture or even comments in code that would allow to do more than just stare at the screen of my IDE in abject ignorance. Worse I can't fix anything that is broken because I have no idea where to go to find anything.
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Carl McDade

>> Carl McDade