[Owncloud] Is it possible to open and write to places at the same time? No??

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Sat Nov 24 08:47:56 UTC 2012

Hey Karl,

On 23.11.2012 18:10, Karl-Arne Gjersøyen wrote:

> A back-end database connected to the Internet and accessible through SSL.
> Windows clients that connect to the database from their laptop
> computers and update the database in realtime.
Exactly, but I've said they need an application that lets the users do
their job, and the app in turn connects a database to manage the data.

I'd suggest a simple, little webapp for your usecase that fills the data
into the db, based on ownCloud. If further down the road somebody wants
an Excel sheet create it based on a CSV data export - or better try to
convince the one of better (read non-propietory) formats.

> But I like this ownCloud application and if possible I wish to use it
> in connection to MySQL on a web host with SSL connection.
Have you realised that ownCloud is also a platform which makes it really
easy to write applications for specific usecases like this? If you do
that, you get a lot from start on, for example all the user management,
file management, ownCloud look&feel, SSL and such.

Here is the Getting Started for app development:
http://owncloud.org/dev/apps/getting-started/

Have fun,

Klaas