[Owncloud] Is it possible to open and write to places at the same time? No??

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Fri Nov 23 13:52:01 UTC 2012

On 23.11.2012 14:19, Karl-Arne Gjersøyen wrote:
Hi Karl,

> I have 4 different storerooms. And about 15 drivers with their own truck.
> Every driver have its own laptop with own cloud. When they take stuff
> from the storage room they register it in a excel sheet. But the
> problem is: Only the latest excel data is registered.
>
> Say that driver 012 take a 2 pallet form storeroom 1 and bring it to
> storeroom 3. But at the same time driver 003 take 1 pallet from
> storeroom 3 and bring it to storeroom 4. THen only the latest
> registred data is synchronized. As you understand. They all share the
> same document.
That is an interesting problem, but I very much doubt that this is still
in the scope of an excel document.

For me that sounds like you're at the point where you want to start your
first ownCloud app - or find somebody who does it for you. This kind of
problem sounds too me as if it would need a little app.

Good luck,
Klaas