[Owncloud] .htaccess error.

Johan Hendriks joh.hendriks at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 13:16:10 UTC 2012

Cyryl Sochacki schreef:
> W dniu 23.11.2012 13:30, Karl-Arne Gjersøyen pisze:
>> " Security Warning Your data directory and your files are probably
>> accessible from the internet. The .htaccess file that ownCloud
>> provides is not working. We strongly suggest that you configure your
>> webserver in a way that the data directory is no longer accessible or
>> you move the data directory outside the webserver document root. "
>>
>> I got the error above when start on my installation on localhost. I
>> guess the same error will happened when I move ownclouds to my web
>> hotel. So my question is. Is it possible to do something with
>> .htaccess to get rid of this error?
>> I don't think it is possible to store folders and files outside of my
>> web-root and still have access to it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Karl
> Change in the configuration of the apache
> (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default or default )
> for directory /var/www/
> set
> AllowOverride all
>
> and restart apache server

Please do not use all, it is fine to test and see if errors goes away!
If this solves the issue, try figuring out what need to be overridden!
<-- is this good english ??

this is what i have for owncloud
  AllowOverride Options FileInfo AuthConfig

My whole config for owncloud looks like this.

<Directory "/usr/local/www/owncloud/">
     Options FollowSymLinks Indexes MultiViews
     AllowOverride Options FileInfo AuthConfig
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

regards