[Owncloud] Github labels

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Tue Nov 20 21:11:08 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 20 November 2012 11:38:18 Jörn Friedrich Dreyer wrote:
> Ultimately, we should be able to prevent regressions by describing
> ownCloud functionality with Gherkin. At least, create a scenario when a
> regression occurs to prevent shame in the future.

The import Calendar function has a regression [1], but it's dependent on the
(input) data. Does Gherkin have provisions for that?

While looking at http://owncloud.org/dev/kanban-board/ I saw that there's a
"Panic" label. I'm not sure whether such a label sends the right message ;-)
With "Critical" (for example) you'd signal the proper urgency of the issue but
you'd be able to realize that you can get your data back by restoring a backup.
When you're in panic you wouldn't be able to come up with such a solution.

Cheers,
  Diederik

[1] https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues/151