[Owncloud] Github labels

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Tue Nov 20 11:37:35 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 20 November 2012 11:38 Jörn Friedrich Dreyer wrote:
> On 20.11.2012 10:57, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> > What - if any - is the policy for adding new labels on gihub?
> ... I vote for adding a 'Regression' Label under the following conditions:
>
> A regression is something that worked in a previous release but is now
> not working as expected.
>
> To fix this issue
>   1. Write a Scenario in Gherkin that reproduces the expected behavior
> so that the automated Jenkins Testsuite will notify us in the future.
>   2. Fix the issue.

Ah yes Gherkin ;) I haven't quite gotten there yet.
I don't think it's always the responsibility of the reporter to write a
scenario, but when one is reported, the developer(s) responsible for that area
should do both 1) and 2) - or the one to blame for the regression should ;)
There's of course also the scenario - just plain scenario ;) - where there has
been code refactoring, and functionality that was present in previous versions
isn't re-implemented. In that case the developer should perhaps describe the
wanted present functionality before refactoring.

> Ultimately, we should be able to prevent regressions by describing
> ownCloud functionality with Gherkin. At least, create a scenario when a
> regression occurs to prevent shame in the future.
>
> @Thomas: feel free to add a description of the 'Regression' label to
> http://owncloud.org/dev/kanban-board/

Will do.
--