[Owncloud] 3rd-party apps & updates/upgrades

Ralf Ebeling ml-owncloud at posteule.com
Tue Nov 20 11:06:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've just updated my 4.5.1 installation to 4.5.2 and again had the
problem to
re-enable a 3rd-party app ('Files move' in this case) that have been
enabled
before.

As stated in the docs I've disabled all 3rd-party apps before updating.

I perform updates by extracting newer versions into a new folder and
copying
over config.php - ok, not the way as described for updates.

IIRC I had a similar situation when upgrading from 4.0 to 4.5.

Nevertheless...

The new installation folder doesn't contain the 'File move' app, but
the DB still
preserves some settings and seems to prevent ownCloud from downloading
an app
again.

In this case removing all settings of the 'File move' app from the DB
allowed
me to re-enable this app.

May be it's worth a note in the docs not to install updates in to new
folders
or to keep the app folder as is (assumed apps are updated
automatically).

Ralf